Through funding the work of GYUF and its partner foundations donors benefit from:
1) Access to programs developed by GYUF in consultation with youth experts from many nations. These standards include: an emphasis on prevention and early intervention, the involvement of the community, parents, and other significant adults, the program's cost-effectiveness, and ability to become self-sustaining.
2) The ability to magnify the impact of grant monies through challenge grant and matching fund mechanisms.
3) An existing (and growing) global network of partner organizations in a number of European and Middle East countries and territories (see section on "Our Partners"). These locally-controlled, indigenous organizations screen effective programs for youth and provide monitoring to ensure progress toward agreed upon goals.
4) Accountability -- monitoring and evaluation components are built into all grants made.
5) A mechanism for directing funding toward proven programs.
How can donors be assured their funds are being used wisely?
All programs are rigorously screened prior to funding against standards widely endorsed by the founders and the network members. All programs receiving funding must provide regular and periodic reports stating their progress toward agreed upon goals. All programs receiving funding have a built-in evaluation component.
Donations made to GYUF are directed at positive youth development programs in many countries where GYUF has established formal partnerships. GYUF's grantmaking support is focused around a number of key programmatic areas: Innovative Learning, Youth Employment, Life Skills, Youth Participation and Leadership, and Health Education and Awareness, Human Rights, Gender Equality, etc.