[14 - 19 April 2011]
”Social Inclusion of Young People with Fewer Opportunities through Artistic and Cultural Activities“
International Seminar for Youth Workers
Description of the Project
This seminar is meant for youth and social workers who are working with young people with fewer opportunities. By this project we would like to give a strong impetus towards the partnership building and future projects planning in the field of inclusion.
The Program will give the participants an opportunity to get engaged in various activities: small working groups, presentations, workshops, open discussions, icebreakers and group dynamics exercises, cultural visits, open forum, intercultural evening, theatre sketches, etc.
Time and space for active participation and exchange between working practices will be provided during the different workshops: the participants will work out teaching methods of using different handcraft materials and art tools for self expression and realization (singing, drawing, theatre, etc.).
The invited experts from different fields will share their experience and knowledge of working with young people with fewer opportunities, outlining psychological and sociological peculiarities of the work in this field.
The project will bring together participants from Georgia, Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania, Germany, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Romania and Armenia.
As outcomes of the project it is expected to:
- Develop a toolbox for young inclusion workers, which will be provided to youth organizations working in the field;
- Draft new projects and developed contacts and cooperative links for future joint projects;
- It is also foreseen to develop an online network for young people with fewer opportunities from different countries, which will give them a chance to stay in touch, to share problems and thoughts, to make friends on a distance, and to become more active citizens of their communities.
Aim of the project
The main aim of the project is to introduce youth and social workers with innovative skills and tools which can be used in the promotion of the social inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities through artistic and cultural activities
Objectives of the project
- to bring together youth workers, engaged in mixed ability-mobility projects, rehabilitation and inclusion projects to exchange and introduce existing working practices with young people with disabilities of various types from an international perspective;
- to provide a scope of different approaches and adaptations to enabling people with disabilities to learn new skills, to do things for themselves, enhancing their quality of life;
-to develop new, innovative tools for people with sensory needs and/or a physical disability that will prepare them for the world of employment or work towards further education;
-to explore how art and culture can operate as tools for promoting social inclusion and youth participation;
-to create opportunities for people with disabilities to get engaged in artistic and cultural activities, such as theatre, music, cinema, poetry, painting and dancing, at the same time encouraging the public to engage with disabled people by creating places for interaction and communication;
-to promote the cooperation, information and experience exchange among the participants, bringing to concrete follow-up projects and multiplying the skills and knowledge gained during the program.
Profile of participants
The project addresses the young people who are working or volunteering in the organizations involved in inclusion work and activities related with provision services to young people and/or children with fewer opportunities.
The Seminar will bring together young participants who fulfil the following criteria:
- Age: 18-30;
- Readiness to continue the cooperation after the Seminar as a multiplier;
- Desire of participating in inclusion works and activities, learning and exchanging experience and knowledge;
- A commitment to attend the full duration of the Seminar;
- Active participation and active support from the organization.
Working language of the project will be English.
Application procedure and selection of participants
All candidates must apply using the enclosed application form. Applications and good quality photo should be sent to the Global Youth Union Foundation via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating Social Inclusion of Young People“ in the ”Subject“ line.
The preparatory team will select participants on the basis of the profile outlined above. It will try as far as possible to respect the organisations’ priorities, while also ensuring a balance between gender, geographical regions, different types of experience, cultural backgrounds and organisations, institutions or projects. Candidates will be informed by e-mail by 25 March 2011.
Deadline for applications
The applications must be sent to the Global Youth Union Foundation by 20 March 2011.